Careers at Spikes Security Inc.
Spikes Security is a venture-backed Silicon Valley startup and recipient of the prestigious "Cool Vendor" award by Gartner Inc., in its 2015 edition of the “Cool Vendors in Security Infrastructure Protection” report. Spikes Security is focused on a revolutionary new security protection technology that is 100 percent effective. The Isla™ malware isolation system, our initial offering, prevents all browser-borne malware from entering corporate networks and infecting endpoints.
If you are looking to join a dynamic, innovative environment that values ownership and diversity with an engineering-centric culture, reach out to Spikes!
Software Development Team
Senior Web Browser Software Engineer
- Be a critical member of a high-performance development team innovating the newest, state-of-the-art isolation technology.
- Join a startup environment that values performance, diversity, ownership, and career.
- Architect and code sophisticated client and server systems for secure browsing.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Help direct the company's long term engineering roadmap and help identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Work with third party engineers and open source teams to build company value and to give back to the tech community.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong Linux systems programming background.
- Development experience with browser technologies, Chromium, web browser engine internals.
- Object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structure experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers.
- Experience with large code base building and debugging.
Other Positive Attributes
- Strong security background.
- Remote desktop application experience.
- Experience with software version control systems.
- Knowledge of proper secure coding methodology.
- OSX and mobile development environment experience.
Development Test Team
Sr Software QA Engineer (Pune, India)
The Sr. Software QA Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automated and manual test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression tests, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
The Sr. Software Engineer will work closely with the QA engineers in California, as well as other QA engineers, in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining, and executing test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking, and participating in day to day QA activities. SDET will also add to our company's performance and scalability testing efforts. This may also include the writing of specialized testing tools for use in testing of our software platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test the software application against defined test plans and test cases.
- Good problem solver and independently perform root cause analysis.
- Execute tests, identify and communicate defects and risks.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Apply best practices in day-to-day testing, using comprehensive test data and automation suites.
- Work closely with team members to define testing requirements and standards in the entire SDLC.
Qualifications & Requirements - Needed
- B.S or M.S in technical field.
- 4+ years of hands-on industrial quality assurance (QA) experience in SDLC.
- Experience with Linux development environments.
- Bug tracking software tool experience.
- Ability to design custom automated test suites.
- Strong understanding of test methodologies.
- Great team player.
- Great sense of time and priority management
Qualifications & Requirements - Desirable
- Experience with Mac (OSX) environments.
- Experience with Windows OS environments.
- Experience with video streaming and rendering issues on multiple Operating Systems.
- Enterprise security experience (Edge, Network, and Application) - processes, tools, and theory.
- Networking experience.
- Start-up company experience.
Customer Systems Architect
Spikes is looking for a veteran technology leader, engaging customer representative, and expert hands-on builder to lead the technological relationships with our customers. This person will create customer relationships, deploy our technology, determine the best practices, and address customer concerns for our organization. Candidates should be a guru on working in high-density, high-availability environments with complex networks, storage systems, databases, web applications, and VM farms. He or she can architect solutions for networking, firewalls, and servers on Windows, Mac, UNIX, and mobile platforms. He or she must demonstrate expert proficiency doing so. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position. When it comes to customer service, performance, and capabilities, the buck stops here.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Expert with server hardware, management software, storage technologies, and enterprise networking.
Expert with multiple Operating Systems including Windows, OSX, and the many flavors of Linux.
Expert with network protocols and technologies, including firewalls, switches, routers, NTP, DNS, TCP, UDP, DHCP, packet sniffing tools, etc...
Highly proficient with storage protocols, including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, ZFS, etc...
Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms regular (non-geeks) can understand (i.e. communicate well with the masses)
A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. for duties such as server delivery, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks.
Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the environment.
Occasional travel required (5-20%).
Education and Training:
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience/certification required.
CISSP or similar certifications are highly desirable.
To prove that you are human, qualified, and committed, applicants must calculate the sum of the following four values:
Maximum number of virtual SCSI adapters per ESX v5.5 virtual machine.
Number of host bits in a /21.
2015 DefCon #.
Number of KB offset to begin a v1.2 superblock.
Provide the numeric answer by posting the result to a location that can be referred to via an HTTP/S, DNS, or CLI query. Email that location or query to
along with your resume/LinkedIn profile.